Last updated: Saturday, May 26, 2018
You post User Content and interact with other members (as defined in The Lee List Membership Agreement) on the Site at your own risk. Although we take great care in protecting your privacy, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that User Content you post on the Site or email to another Member will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other Users have copied or stored your User Content. If you purchase, reactivate or upgrade your Membership Plan, your credit card number and billing address will be stored by our payment service provider (PayPal) on its servers, not on our server.
Any improper collection or misuse of information provided on The Lee List is a violation of The Lee List Terms of Service and should be reported to email@example.com.
If you choose to use our INVITE A FRIEND service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for information needed to send the invitation, such as your friend's name and email address, profession and how you are acquainted. We will send your friend an email in your name inviting him or her to visit the site and may send reminders to them and include them in our Daily Blast email. The Lee List stores this information to send the Daily Blast, invitations and reminders and to allow you to see invitations that have been accepted. You or your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
By using The Lee List, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
2. Embedded content from other websites
3. Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from members when you subscribe to The Lee List and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available. Members may be asked for name, profession, email address, phone number and referral, as appropriate. Members can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. The when you join The Lee List, you will provide certain personal information when you:
- purchase a membership plan
Your online profile is only viewable by you and The Lee List administrators. As The Lee List is designed to enable communications between members, your full name and email address will be visible to the member you are contacting when you communicate through the contact form on The Lee List website.
4. The types of information we collect
We may collect non-personal identification information about Members whenever they interact with The Lee List. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Members means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
We collect information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. This includes other data that may be associated with your personal information. If you visit The Lee List site or use our services, we may collect the following types of personal information:
Information that personally identifies you such as:
- Contact information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email address(es), telephone numbers, home or building addresses, or other addresses where you receive communications from, content of email communication via listing inquiry emails, on behalf of or through The Lee List.
- Financial and transaction data, such as encrypted credit card information and payment information.
Information that does not identify you, such as:
- Information that helps us to understand who is using our services and how we can improve them. This includes location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; occupation; internet service provider; mobile operating system and service provider; and demographic information (e.g., age, gender, interests). All of this information is aggregated and separated from any of your PII.
- Information on the transactions and interactions you have on The Lee List such as the pages you view, how long you view them or the type of browser that you view them from, and how you interact with the services generally.
These are examples of information that we may collect and is not an exhaustive list.
5. How we use collected information
The Lee List may collect and use Members personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To send daily emails. We may use the email address to send Member information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
- To send intermittent emails. Members will receive emails that may include daily listings, company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
6. How we protect your information
The Lee List takes appropriate precautions to protect our users' information. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. We use Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS), s2Member Security and Trust-Guard.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or your password), your credit card number will be stored by our payment service provider (PayPal) on its servers, not on our server. Because email and instant messaging are not recognized as secure communications, we request that you not send private information to us by email or instant messaging services.
You may access your personal information by making a written request at our address listed below. The Lee List protects your information by taking reasonable steps to secure it against unauthorized access. We do this through encryption, physical administration by our staff members, and electronic measures. However, no security system or method is guaranteed to be safe from hackers or human error.
7. Sharing your personal information
We share your information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is 1) legally required or, 2) permitted by you. For example:
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the The Lee List service or using The Lee List name, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
When you use The Lee List certain information you post or share, such as personal information, comments, messages, photos, videos, listserv postings or other information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in messages, photos, videos, listserv postings or other items, this information may become publicly available.
You must be 18 years of age or older to be a Member or user of The Lee List. The Lee List does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register/join. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for The Lee List or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on The Lee List. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
11. Changing or Removing Information
The Lee List users may modify or delete any of their profile information at any time by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information will be updated immediately. Individuals who wish to unsubscribe from the Daily Blast may do by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of The Daily Blast. A Member may cancel their active Membership Plan by logging into their DASHBOARD and clicking on CANCEL MY PLAN. Removed information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time but will not be generally available to members of The Lee List.
12. Control Over Your Personal Information
If you want to delete your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us at email@example.com.
While we can assist you in many ways, we may not always be able to delete records of past interactions and transactions as required by applicable law. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions. Once your account has been deleted, we may no longer retain any of your personal information unless required by applicable law, this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your personal information may be removed or destroyed from our servers where possible, and it will never be sold or distributed without your permission.
13. EU Residents (GDPR)
The Lee List has implemented technical and organizational measures with respect to processing personal information from European Union individuals for purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Upon request, we will provide you with information as to whether and what personal data we store in relation to you. Should your personal data be incorrect, you may request to have it rectified. You may also revoke your consent to use your personal data in the future, in whole or in part, or request deletion of your personal data. Please feel free to direct such requests, or other questions and comments regarding our GDPR compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Notice to International Users Outside the EU
15. California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits The Lee List users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
17. Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
The Lee List, Inc. * PO Box 2745 * Toluca Lake, CA 91610* Please read our Terms of Service.